At Amana Academy, there are a variety or ways to get your student to and from school:
- Regular Carpool – The majority of our families transport their students to and from school by car.
- School Bus – Amana provides 2 school buses, ridership is based on an annual lottery.
- Shuttles and Vans – There are a number of private shuttles, vans, and childcare centers that provide transportation to Amana.
- Middle School Walkers – Middle school students (grades 4, 5 & 6), will be released from school without an adult present. Elementary students are released only to a parent/guardian or an adult approved by the parent/guardian.
Morning Carpool – students are dropped off at the front door of the school. Please follow staff guidance and posted signs when dropping your student.
- Morning drop-off begins at 7:30 AM and ends at 7:45 AM. All students are expected to be in their classroom by 7:50 AM.
- Students may not be left unattended outside of school prior to 7:30 AM.
- Vehicles can follow Loop A or Loop B, depending upon the entrance to the lot: Morning Drop-Off Map.
- Note – northbound parents on Alpharetta street no longer have a left turn lane due to city roadwork. It is recommended that you pass the school, take a left on Milton Parkway and another left on Roswell street to enter the campus.
- To avoid disruption, parents/guardians may not accompany their student to classrooms in the morning. (Exception: Kindergarten parents may escort their student to class on the first day of school.)
- Drivers must refrain from using cell phones per Georgia law.
Afternoon Carpool – students are picked up in classrooms by a parent, guardian, or designated adult pre-approved by parent/guardian.
- Car Pool Cards must be presented to allow entrance to the school.
- In an effort to minimize exposure and limit guests in the building, parents/guardians will be admitted in limited numbers. Please follow the guide below:
- Last names beginning in A-M: admitted to the building from 3:20 AM – 3:30 PM
- Last names beginning N-Z: admitted to the building from 3:30 PM – 3:40 PM
- Parents/Guardians will wait outside the building (in a line) and enter the building in limited numbers based on staff direction
- Parent Pick-up Entrances:
- Parents of Elementary Students enter through the Main Lobby
- Parents of Middle School Students (6-8th grade) enter through the Middle School Door (center of southern wing of building).
- Exit locations: K-2 Doorway, Main Lobby, MS Doorway
Special Carpool – parents/guardians with mobility issues or infants may apply for permission to pick-up their students without leaving their vehicle. Special Carpool Application
While not required of start-up charter schools, we believe it is important that we make available bus service to our families for a number of reasons including student safety, reduced impact on the environment, better management of carpool, and less stress on families.
BUS LOTTERY: Because we receive more interest than seats on the buses, we conduct a lottery year at the school. Details are mailed to all families enrolled at the time of the lottery, and the public is invited to attend, however attendance is optional and you are not required to be present to be selected for a seat on the bus. Bus Lottery Application Form
Families that are not selected will be put on a waiting list in the order in which they are drawn for the lottery along with applications received after the lottery will be added to the waiting list in the order in which their application is received. Those on the wit list will be notified if we are able to accomodate you.
For a current list of privat transportation services serving Amana, please contact Amana PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School students (grades 6, 7, 8) may leave school as an unattended walker with parent permission. Middle school walkers cannot be left unattended on Amana property for longer than 1 hour after dismissal. Middle School Walker Form
Elementary Students will only be released to a parent/guardian or approved adult.
For more information, email@example.com.