Process of Applying to Attend Amana Academy
We’re so excited that you’re interested in attending Amana Academy! We have 5 steps in our application process. Please read the steps carefully.
1. Pre-Enrollment Form
Fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form to qualify for our lottery. The form is released on January 1st, 2021, and the deadline to complete the form is January 31st.
Please Note: If you fill out this Pre-Enrollment Form after Jan. 31, your student’s name will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which your application was received (based on the day and time).
The lottery for our 2020-2021 school year will take place on Wednesday, February 10th at 10:00 am via Zoom. If you filled out the Pre-Enrollment Form, your student’s name will be added to the lottery. This year, our lottery will happen virtually (online), but you’re still more than welcome to come into the school to take part in the process. If you submitted your application after Jan. 31, your name will only be called after the lottery is complete. At that point, if any seats remain unfilled, OR if selected parents choose to withdraw their student’s name from attendance, we will reach out to parents on the waitlist in the order of when they submitted their Pre-Enrollment Form.
After the lottery is complete, you will have 3 business days to accept your student’s seat for the 2021-2022 year. It’s crucial that you send in your acceptance before the deadline given– if we do not hear back from you in that time frame, we will need to honor our lottery process and extend an offer to the next parent on our waitlist. Once you accept the offer, you will have one week from that date to hand in the paperwork. Again, if the one-week deadline is not met, the offer will expire.
4. Checklist of Documents
Once you have accepted your seat at Amana (woohoo!), the below checklist of documents will need to be turned in online on your Integrity 6 account, OR at the school. If you choose to drop them at the school, please schedule an appointment with Ms. Sherryl Hale ahead of time (email@example.com).
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card/number (A parent or guardian who objects to the incorporation of the social security number into the school records of a child may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement)
- Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Form 3231)
- Hearing, Dental, Vision Screening Certificate (Georgia Form 3300)
- Current GA milestones, ITBS, MAP, STAR, or other National Norm testing results. Note: not required for KG-3rd grades. (If not available, the student will be tested by Amana prior to placement)
- Copy of most recent Report Card. Note: not required for KG. (If coming from a non-Fulton County Public School, a final report card showing promotion will also be required at the end of the school year).
- If your child has received any special services, please provide copies of paperwork (IEP, 504, Gifted)
- Two current forms of proof of residence (Appropriate records for verification of residency must include any two of the following in the name of parent:
- Either one current Water Utility Bill OR one Electric Utility Bill
- One current proof of residence (this can include any one of these:
- Home mortgage bill
- Valid and current state driver’s license/ID
- Home sales contract
- Section 8/HUD housing contract
- Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance card
- Bank statement
- Paycheck stub
- Apartment/house lease
- HOA bill/statement
You did it! Take some time to breathe, relax, and bask in the joy of completing this process and taking the step to begin a new journey for your child. Welcome to Amana!
Note: In late summer, we’ll have a full-day ‘Base Camp’ experience for new parents and students to orient you to our culture, learning model, and connect you to other new families. Stay on the lookout for more details!