After School Enrichment Program Instructor
North Fulton Campus
Instructors lead and work with a group of 15-20 elementary and/or middle school students. Instructors ensure the safety of all students as they take them through scheduled activities that include: homework, reading, breaks, snack, indoor activities, and outdoor activities. Instructors must maintain a positive, uplifting attitude (i.e. must be able to excite and engage with all students in his/her care). Instructors must also actively monitor their any/all students in the program.
- Provide homework help: work with students to help reinforce learning objectives
- Develop thoughtful, fun, accessible, activities
- Survey and build on students’ interests
- Actively motivate and engage all students
- Adheres to all Amana Academy policies and procedures and uses appropriate judgment to act in the best interest of students at all times
- Perform other duties as deemed by the appropriate administrator
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally able to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED required plus 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with children, in an classroom, afterschool or camp setting, preferred
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must undergo and pass background checks
- Must be able to stand, walk and play for 80% of scheduled time (up to 4 hours) including at least 60 minutes outside.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Must be able to work scheduled shifts between the hours of 2:30-6:00 Monday-Thursday and 12:30-6:00 on Friday
HOW TO APPLY
All ASEP Instructor candidates must send your resume to Mr. Ehab Jaleel, Executive Director of Amana Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put your LAST NAME and ASEP INSTRUCTOR POSITION in the subject line; eg, “Smith ASEP Instructor Position “.
If contacted, applicants will be asked to complete the Amana Academy Application.
If hired, applicants will be required to complete a criminal history background and fingerprinting check — (Information will be provided at the time of the interview and is the applicant’s responsibility to complete, thereafter.)
It is the policy of the Amana Academy not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service.
Ranges from $12-$15 depending on experience, education and certifications. Note: Benefits are not associated with ASEP Instructor employment.