Process of Applying to Attend Amana Academy
We’re so excited that you’re interested in attending Amana Academy! We have 5 steps in our application process. Please read the steps carefully.
1. Pre-Enrollment Form
Fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form to qualify for our lottery. The form will go live at midnight on January 1, 2023. Open enrollment for the the 2023-2024 school year is January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023.
If a lottery is necessary for the 2023-2024 school year, it will take place the second week of February. If you filled out the Pre-Enrollment Form on or before January 31, your student’s name will be added to the lottery. If you submit your application after January 31, your name will be added to the waitlist in the order in which your application was received. At that point, if any seats remain unfilled, OR if selected parents choose to withdraw their student’s name from attendance, we will reach out to parents on the waitlist in the order of when they submitted their Pre-Enrollment Form.
After the lottery is complete, you will have 10 days to accept your student’s seat for the 2023-2024 year. It’s crucial that you send in your acceptance before the deadline given- if we do not hear back from you in that time frame, we will need to honor our lottery process and extend an offer to the next parent on our waitlist.
4. Checklist of Documents
Once you have accepted your seat at Amana Academy West Atlanta (woohoo!), the below checklist of documents will need to be turned into the school.
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card/number (A parent or guardian who objects to the incorporation of the social security number into the school records of a child may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement)
- Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Form 3231)
- Hearing, Dental, Vision Screening Certificate (Georgia Form 3300)
- Current GA milestones, ITBS, MAP, STAR, or other National Norm testing results. Note: not required for KG-3rd grades. (If not available, the student will be tested by Amana prior to placement)
- Copy of most recent Report Card. Note: not required for KG. (If coming from a non-Fulton County Public School, a final report card showing promotion will also be required at the end of the school year).
- If your child has received any special services, please provide copies of paperwork (IEP, 504, Gifted)
- Two current forms of proof of residence (Appropriate records for verification of residency must include any two of the following in the name of parent:
- Either one current Water Utility Bill OR one Electric Utility Bill
- One current proof of residence (this can include any one of these:
- Home mortgage bill
- Valid and current state driver’s license/ID
- Home sales contract
- Section 8/HUD housing contract
- Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance card
- Bank statement
- Paycheck stub
- Apartment/house lease
- HOA bill/statement
You did it! Take some time to breathe, relax, and bask in the joy of completing this process and taking the step to begin a new journey for your child. Welcome to Amana!
Note: In late summer, we’ll have a full-day ‘Base Camp’ experience for new parents and students to orient you to our culture, learning model, and connect you to other new families. Stay on the lookout for more details!