Process of Applying to Attend Amana Academy
We’re so excited that you’re interested in attending Amana Academy! We have 5 steps in our application process. Please read the steps carefully.
1. Pre-Enrollment Form
Fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form to qualify for our lottery. The form was released during open enrollment on August 17, 2020. The open enrollment period closed on September 14, and our lottery was held on September 15.
Please Note: If you filled out this Pre-Enrollment Form after September 14, 2020, your student’s name will be placed on a waitlist in the order of which your application was received (based on the day and time). There are seats still available, and we will continue to enroll students throughout the spring and summer (up until the 10th day of the school year in August) until all seats are filled.
The lottery for our 2020-2021 school took place on September 15 via Zoom. If you filled out the Pre-Enrollment Form, your student’s name was added to the lottery. You can view the recording here. If you submitted your application after September 14, your name was added to the waitlist in the order in which your application was received. At that point, if any seats remain unfilled, OR if selected parents choose to withdraw their student’s name from attendance, we will reach out to parents on the waitlist in the order of when they submitted their Pre-Enrollment Form.
After the lottery is complete, you will have a certain number of days (1-2 weeks) to accept your student’s seat for the 2021-2022 year. It’s crucial that you send in your acceptance before the deadline given- if we do not hear back from you in that time frame, we will need to honor our lottery process and extend an offer to the next parent on our waitlist.
4. Checklist of Documents
Once you have accepted your seat at Amana Academy West Atlanta (woohoo!), the below checklist of documents will need to be turned into the school.
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card/number (A parent or guardian who objects to the incorporation of the social security number into the school records of a child may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement)
- Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Form 3231)
- Hearing, Dental, Vision Screening Certificate (Georgia Form 3300)
- Current GA milestones, ITBS, MAP, STAR, or other National Norm testing results. Note: not required for KG-3rd grades. (If not available, the student will be tested by Amana prior to placement)
- Copy of most recent Report Card. Note: not required for KG. (If coming from a non-Fulton County Public School, a final report card showing promotion will also be required at the end of the school year).
- If your child has received any special services, please provide copies of paperwork (IEP, 504, Gifted)
- Two current forms of proof of residence (Appropriate records for verification of residency must include any two of the following in the name of parent:
- Either one current Water Utility Bill OR one Electric Utility Bill
- One current proof of residence (this can include any one of these:
- Home mortgage bill
- Valid and current state driver’s license/ID
- Home sales contract
- Section 8/HUD housing contract
- Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance card
- Bank statement
- Paycheck stub
- Apartment/house lease
- HOA bill/statement
You did it! Take some time to breathe, relax, and bask in the joy of completing this process and taking the step to begin a new journey for your child. Welcome to Amana!
Note: In late summer, we’ll have a full-day ‘Base Camp’ experience for new parents and students to orient you to our culture, learning model, and connect you to other new families. Stay on the lookout for more details!