Position: TAG Teacher
- Reports To: Principal or Appointed Designee
● Location: West Atlanta Campus
● Work Schedule: 190 Days, Full Time Exempt
● Date Posted: December 21, 2021
● Date to Remove: Until Filled
● Start Date: July, 2022
Amana Academy Charter School is anticipating teacher and paraprofessional openings for the 2022-23 school year. Amana Academy is a thriving Expeditionary Learning School with 2 campuses in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
Going into our 13th year, Amana Academy’s Alpharetta Campus serves a diverse group of 700+ students in grades K-8. Our new Atlanta West Campus will serve grades KG-3.
With over seventy staff members, Amana has an excellent team culture that actively facilitates teacher leadership. Teachers at Amana are dynamic leaders in their profession who instill a passion for lifelong learning and independent critical thinking through a holistic curriculum driven by research, innovative practices and a collaborative, international culture.
- High academic achievement delivered using the Expeditionary Learning Schools methodology
- Focus science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Research-proven curricula such as: Eureka Math
- Instruction in Foreign Language (Arabic) at all grade levels using the FLES model
- Instruction in Media Technology and Computer Science
- Adventure PE
- Instruction in Visual Arts
K-3 Teachers (Alpharetta Campus & Atlanta West Campus): Amana’s lower elementary program fosters students’ curiosity for learning by providing authentic, integrated contexts for active learning through fieldwork with community partners, civic leaders, industry and business figures, and environmental scientists. Teachers value multiple approaches to the learning process and create hands-on and cooperative learning experiences. Social-emotional learning, creativity and critical thinking, service learning and curriculum that emphasizes science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) is at the core of the lower elementary program. Teachers in grades K-3 loop with their students to foster community and relationships that allow for a nurturing learning environment. The ideal teacher for this position is passionate about working with gifted elementary school students, committed to innovative pedagogy, and demonstrates a personal commitment to lifelong learning. The candidate must have experience developing project-based curriculum with a team and with or without textbooks; have a command of concept-based mathematics instruction; and have the ability to develop students in areas of social-emotional learning. Amana delivers gifted instruction through a collaborative approach.
General Responsibilities for K-5 Teachers:
- Teach courses of study expertly with the highest standards for each student
- Convey enthusiasm for content and intellectual inquiry and high quality work
- Design instruction that emphasizes critical thinking and problem-solving using the engineering design process
- Collaborate with colleagues and departments to enrich curriculum and instruction
- Integrate appropriate technology to enhance learning in a BYOD environment
- Create hands-on, project-based learning experiences with real-world applications and authentic service learning
- Collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
- Support the well-being of all students
- Support the culture/character building through research-based structures such as CREW
- Demonstrate interest and ability to lead student activities, coach, and contribute beyond the classroom
- Lead by example in your commitment to Amana’s mission
Amana offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to additional group term life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Access to Voluntary Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance
- Access to the Georgia’s Teacher Retirement System (Pension Plan)
Professional Enrichment Program: Amana teachers are encouraged to continue to grow professionally through professional development opportunities to develop the skills that are associated with highly effective teachers.
Student Loan Forgiveness:You may be eligible for student loan forgiveness through the U.S. Department of Education as a teacher in a Title I school.
- All positions require a minimum of bachelor’s degree and valid, current Georgia teaching certification.
- Experience in a progressive, constructivist, and/or gifted education setting is desired. STEM-based, STEAM-based, and/or project-based learning (PBL) experience is preferred.
- Teaching certification must be held in the state of Georgia or have active reciprocity with Georgia. Please visit or call the Georgia Professional Standards Commission to verify.
- Preference will be given to teachers with 3 or more years of demonstrated excellence in teaching.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Please visit our website for more information about our school and community http://www.amanaacademy.org. To learn more about Expeditionary Learning Schools network, please visit http://www.elschools.org.
Start Date: July, 2022
Salary: Based on experiences and qualifications. Amana Academy offer competitive base salaries plus add-ons for teaching experience, advanced degrees, and incentives.