West Atlanta Campus
The Registrar is responsible for registering students and managing a wide variety of student and curriculum information. The work involves responsibility for the day to day maintenance and operation of the school information management system utilized for student registration, scheduling, curriculum planning, grade reporting and related activities.
Manages student enrollments, transfers, and withdrawals:
- Processes required forms and information to enroll new students and discusses the process with students and parents.
- Prepares documentation and drafts correspondence pertaining to registration requirements and procedures.
- Completes all withdrawal paperwork for exiting students, including getting transfer grades from teachers and collecting textbooks
- Communicates with previous schools, for incoming students, to get all relevant educational records, including following up with families in regards to immunization, birth certificate, and social security records
Distributes and Maintains Student Schedules:
- Enters student schedules, adding/dropping students in appropriate sections for all classes after master schedules have been developed by the administration
- Distributes all prospective schedules prior to the beginning of each semester (for student/parent review)
- Corresponds, via email and phone, in regards to all possible schedule changes
Reviews schedule change request forms,as approved by the Counselor, and makes appropriate changes
- Communicates with counselors/special education case managers in regards to possible schedule changes if questions arise regarding graduation requirements
- Participates in professional development regarding curriculum, graduation requirements, or other issues related to scheduling
Data Collection and Maintenance:
- Enters records of incoming students to conform with District standards
- Works closely with leadership and data reporting core team members to ensure accuracy on all state and federal reporting based on Department of Education guidelines
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of students/staff data through the use of various queries and edit reports by continually editing and updating data
- Manages and submits, both via mail and electronically, transcripts and other requested records as authorized and prepares related correspondence.
- Communicates with parents and students in regard to Affidavits of Residence; Collects and maintains Affidavits of Residence
- Helps maintain permanent records; Imports Georgia testing identifiers on a regular basis to ensure assignment for each student; Applies test score labels to test cards in student permanent records
- Participates in professional development regarding record keeping and curriculum for international students
- Receives and transfers middle school permanent records to high school permanent records
Manages Student Records and Reports:
- Prepares various lists and reports in regard to student ranking, grade averages, graduation, reassignments etc.
- Prepares graduation and rank in class lists and transcripts; Prepares Federal, State, County, and other special statistical reports.
- Reviews students’ immunization forms to verify adherence to governmental requirements.
- Reviews student records and registration information to determine attendance boundaries, immigration and immunization status.
- Collects and prepares data for Federal, State and District reports.
- Responds to inquiries involving registration, foreign student registration, and student records
- Enters student “entry” and “leave” data daily and updates demographic data as changes are presented
- Coordinates procedures for issuance of staff educational system user IDs and passwords;
- Reissues passwords when security has been compromised
- Provides training and support for school clerical staff on accessing/updating student information, locating students using student schedules, and student check in/out procedures
- Provides training and support to clinic workers for maintaining health/emergency data
- Attends training sessions and meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Certification/Licensure: None required
Experience: 2+ years of clerical/secretarial experience required. Experience in data processing preferred.
Ability to handle minor student problems and work with students, parents and staff members
Must be proficient in Google & Microsoft Suite
Knowledge of basic office procedures
Ability to handle confidential information
Ability to compose and compile correspondence from a variety of sources
Ability to navigate educational websites and systems
Prior experience with infinite campus preferred
Must be able to work effectively with district and school personnel, parents, and students
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Must be detailed and task oriented
Excellent organizational skills and customer service skills
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Normal office and school environment
Routine physical activity associated with a normal office and school environment
May have to lift up to 10 pounds
Amana offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees including:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
Life and AD&D insurance
Access to additional group term life insurance
Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Flexible Spending Account
Access to Voluntary Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, and Accident Insurance
Access to the Georgia’s Teacher Retirement System (Pension Plan)
● Reports To: Principal or Appointed Designee
● Location: West Atlanta Campus
● Work Schedule: 200 Days, Full Time Exempt
● Date Posted: February 15, 2021
● Date to Remove: Until Filled
● Start Date: August 2021
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BELOW.
This document provides descriptive information about the above Amana Academy position. Work actually performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning, the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this position. An individual’s ability to meet the qualifications and capabilities described in this document is not a guarantee of employment or promotion. Amana Academy reserves the right to make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing advance written notice.
June 1, 2021