Hours per week
10 hours per week
Amana Academy is a public charter school located in Alpharetta, GA serving students in grades K-8 who reside in the Fulton County Schools District. We are registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization under the Internal Revenue Service of the United States of America. We are seeking a virtual intern to support work related to Alumni Engagement and our 15th Year Anniversary.
This position will require 10 hours per week for four months, with the potential for a longer-term engagement should the need arise.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean up Alumni Database
- Work with the Advancement Department to identify Alumni from each class to serve on host committee for the 15th Anniversary
- Create social media strategy to engage Alumni
- Assist in planning 15th Anniversary events
- Manage Alumni database – currently housed in Google Sheets (this entails calling/emailing alumni parents and updating contact information with the Alumni’s phone # and email address)
- Develop and implement social media strategy to engage alumni
- Help plan virtual events related to the 15th Anniversary
- Work with Alumni Host Committee to engage alumni from each class
- Ability to work independently in a remote work setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professional judgement and a resourceful entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong Social Media experience
- Able to represent the organization in a professional manner
- Comfortable working in a small, diverse non-profit remote environment
- Genuinely interested in both education and non-profit work
- College students and/or graduate students with experience in a non-profit setting strongly preferred
Through the Advancement Project Internship, you have the opportunity to learn about working in a school and non-profit setting. You will receive a small stipend and this internship is available for school credit. Added bonus – you get to work with a really great crew!