North Fulton Campus
Amana’s mission is to prepare students for high academic achievement beyond what they think possible, so they become active contributors to building a better world. Amana’s school culture encourages all community members to become crew, not passengers, in a climate of mutual respect, collegiality, collaboration, and professionalism. We are seeking instructional coaches who are driven by a commitment to innovation, diversity, and shared leadership and a belief that all students can excel.
Amana Academy is seeking one math and one ELA instructional coach to support teachers by building their capacity to reach ambitious student achievement goals through the implementation of EL Education curriculum, GA state standards, and STEM integration. The instructional coach guides teachers in using highly effective data-driven practices and serves as a model for continuous improvement, reflection, and a commitment to high quality work. Instructional coaches will be responsible for observing teachers, modeling instruction, providing feedback, co-teaching, co-planning, leading professional development and doing what’s necessary to ensure overall student success. Coaches should demonstrate and model a passion for excellent teaching in a diverse school community serving students from varied backgrounds.
- Drives instructional excellence
- Builds an environment that fosters collaboration and continuous
- Model and co-teach lessons in classrooms as needed to support teacher
- Provide guidance, direction and coordination for implementing and utilizing
the core practices of EL Education, the EL ELA Curriculum, and Amana
Academy’s Math Manual
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of
differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs
of their students.
- Support teachers and administrators in using data to improve instruction on
- Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide feedback for a
teacher’s professional growth and students’ success.
- Develop coaching plans for teachers to ensure student improvement
- Contribute to the development of systems and structures to improve teacher
practice within schools
- Demonstrate the ability to build an effective learning community
- Attend Professional Development with our EL Education partners, as
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
Certification/Licensure: Must hold a Georgia Teacher’s License
Experience: Minimum 5 years of successful teacher experience, especially in disadvantaged settings; EL Education or project-based instruction experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Normal office and school environment
Physical Demands: Routine physical activity associated with normal office and school environment
In the cover letter, indicate how your past experiences qualify you for this position and connect with the Amana philosophy (http://www.amanaacademy.org/philosophy.htm).
Attach your current resume.
After initial screening of resumes, the hiring committee will conduct phone interviews immediately, and follow with a collection of documentation and live interviews. (For internal Amana applicants we will review the completion of their current file and go directly to the face-to-face interview.) For more information, please visit our web site at www.amanaacademy.org.
School Contact Info
285 South Main Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009